Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I only have 361 days to plan a wedding

As the title says, there are only 361 days left to plan our wedding. I say only, because this week small groups start, so I know that from here on out my work life will be far busier than it is now (if that is even possible, given the massive amount of hours I've spent the last few weeks.)
Being a female pastor is so much more than what it may seem. I love it, don't get me wrong, it's wonderful and exciting, however, being a woman in and of itself comes with so many tasks that adding full time ministry to it can sometimes be overwhelming at best, and crippling at worst.
In the midst of planning a youth group bake sale, overseeing the small group ministries, planning a sunday school lesson, working on plans for next summer's mission trip, I some how have to plan a wedding.
Wedding planning can be fun and exciting, and it usually is. I sometimes wonder if the busyness of ministry and planning for a wedding, has left us lacking a bit in the "planning for our marriage" department.
It's often said that it is easy to overlook your own spiritual life when you are in ministry, and I am discovering that it's easy to overlook your marriage when you are planning a wedding.
Thus, I am trying to learn to balance things. Last night I took the FH out to the Cheesecake Factory for a nice dinner by candle light and just some time for us to talk. I got dressed up, and did my hair, which hasn't happened in a while. It was great, and something we need to do more often.
Just like I need to cultivate my own journey and relationship with God, and not just prepare for the next church thing, I need to cultivate my own journey and relationship with my FH too.

No comments:

Post a Comment